FISH NEW ARRIVALS - Proper Acclimation if just as important as quarantine
All new fish arrivals are removed from their current water & placed into a freshwater dip dosed with Praziquentel for 3-5 minutes.
This does two things.
1. It removes any water from our suppliers that may contain any pathogens or undesirable medications in the water.
2. It will remove any external flukes. From there, the fish go into 50/50 fresh/saltwater solution & Formalin bath for 45-60 minutes
Fish are then moved to a clean batch 50/50 50/50 fresh/saltwater solution & acclimated over approximately 2 hours into one of our pre-medicated quarantine systems.
All our fish are kept in our medicated quarantine systems for a minimum of 14 days. Our regular quarantine medications consist of stages or combined treatments depending on fish & suspected issues/disease
- Copper (Cupramine or Copper Power) - Treats Marine Ich, Velvet
- Praziquentel (dewormer) Treats Black Ich, Flukes, Intestinal Worms
- Chloroquine Phosphate - Treats Marine Ich, Velvet, Brooklynella & Uronema
- Nitrofurizone - Treats for Bacteria Infections
HYDRA QT OPTION - As of 10/1/20
- We have lowered prices & only offer QT by request.
- The QT fee is separate & only paid if fish completes QT 14 day process & is picked up/shipped.
- If in the unfortunate event a fish dies during QT there is no replacement or credit as the QT option is at clients request & risk.
- If fish dies we do not charge any fee.
- ALL fish still go thru our 2 step acclimation process stated above.
- QT fish are more isolated from groups of new fish being added weekly & go through additional medicated process including, but not limited to Copper & PraziPro
- It's a much more dedicated QT process!
Helpful links for QT protocols: www.humble.fish